the new owner and operator of Confident Smiles Dental Hygiene and Tooth Whitening!!
Shannon is originally from Belleville, Ontario, where her parents and family still reside. She decided at 29 years old to start travelling the world, experiencing different countries and culture along the way. In her backpacking adventure she visited Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South America and Hawaii. Four years ago, after much deliberation, she decided to make Ottawa her permanent home.
Shannon has worked in dental hygiene for nearly two decades. She has worked in Ontario, Alberta, and New Zealand in the dental profession. In her private practices, she had many loyal patients request her by name. In pursuit of her goals of charity and community outreach, she practiced in Alberta for a non-profit entity dedicated to helping underprivileged children and the less fortunate. She will bring passion and enthusiasm for her work to her new patients at Confident Smiles Dental Hygiene. She was inspired to move from private to independent hygiene practice to provide high quality care and to give back to her community.
Shannon is a fun-loving person who wants to make you feel at home and comfortable, no matter what your dental situation or history is. She loves making life fun in any way she can. Creating beautiful smiles and making people have a relaxing and fun experience makes her day!
Shannon looks forward to meeting you and helping you create the smile of your dreams!
Offering you an alternative in preventative oral health care services, Confident Smiles wants to help you understand the importance of your oral health to your general health and leave you with a new appreciation of ‘clean teeth’ and the confidence of how to care for them.
Why? Because your life depends on it.
How? Because the mouth is the window to the health
- If you're not brushing and flossing everyday
- If you notice swollen, redder tissues and bleeding when you do floss
- If its been more than a year
....then you probably have gum disease or Gingivitis. And now your body is putting all its healing energy to combat the chronic infection in your mouth, stressing the limits of your immune system, putting you at a higher risk of developing heart disease, respiratory problems and certain cancers.
Keeping your mouth healthy is a vital component to achieving and maintaining a health body.
CALL TODAY to book your appointment @ 613-799-2633 or online @ www.confidentsmilesottawa.com/appt.html
@ Confident Smiles
We provide the same dental hygiene services you would normally recieve but more! An oral cancer screening using the 6 Step Protocol and a luminescence tool called a Velscope. www.velscope.com
- longer appointment time/less rush
- individualized care as everyone's needs are different
- a review of your diet and dietary habits
- all treatment recommendations will be fully explained to you before we decide to proceed
- convenient appointment times
We focus on improving your oral health care experience.
Tell us what you want to know more about, less about or just visit for some regular care and encouragement.
Any problem you may have could be caused by or aggravated by diet and dietary habits, stress, smoking, hormonal changes and/or oral care products and habits so let’s take the time to find out.
You don't know you don't know
until you know.
Call today for a new experience in dental hygiene care,
(then recommend your friends and loved ones do the same)
We have convenient appointment times to suit your schedule.
- Same day, next day? Evening, Saturdays? Whenever you need it. Appointment times vary, as do peoples needs. If you need 45 minutes or 1½ hrs, you will never be rushed out the door for the next client and we always start on time.
Convenient processing of Insurance claims.
(For a list of some insurance providers see Fees & Payment)
- We can offer unbiased opinions answering your dental questions and concerns.
- Referrals to dentists and other specialists who we know and trust.
- Simplified communication with your specialists for continuous care and record keeping.
- One hour in-office tooth whitening, fast, convenient and easy to do. (free consultation as tooth whitening may not be suitable for all clients, outcomes vary)
Prefer a more natural approach in your oral health care products?
Not sure where to start? Shannon has an extensive knowledge of natural and unconventional products and services. Rinses, toothpastes, Xylitol gum and mints, SPF lip balm etc.
Call Today for an appointment 613·799·2633
And remember, a smile is a universal expression understood by every human being on earth.
It's free to give and enriching to those who receive it.
Share a smile, everyday with someone new.